Appel à contribution pour le No 5 de la revue Méthodal
Call for Papers
Language Learning for Professional Purposes in Hospitality and Tourism
Following the International Conference on Language Learning for Professional Purposes in Hospitality and Tourism held in Nicosia from 15 th to 16 th November 2019, a special thematic volume of the Journal METHODAL will be published on language learning for professional purposes in hospitality and tourism. Interested academics are invited to submit proposals for this special thematic volume.
Five main themes were selected summarizing the research axes presented at the conference :
- Axis 1 : The importance of language learning in hospitality and tourism, implications and trends
- Axis 2 : Needs analysis and curriculum development for teaching/learning foreign languages for professional purposes in hospitality and tourism
- Axis 3 : Delivering language lessons tailored to the needs of hospitality and tourism
- Axis 4 : Using new technologies in language learning for professional purposes in hospitality and tourism
- Axis 5 : Evaluation in language learning for professional purposes in Hospitality and Tourism
Submission of papers
Proposed contributions are expected to represent state-of-the-art research in a particular area and to this end should demonstrate that contributions are representative of current activity in the domain proposed.
Contributions will be delivered in English, French, German and Russian. For proposals which are not submitted in English, an abstract and keywords in English of max 200 words are requested. The abstract should reflect the research context of the topics covered and the rationale for a thematic issue in this subject area that clearly delineates the theoretical framework and research significance of the topic.
All proposals will be anonymously peer-reviewed.
The evaluation criteria will be : development of topic, relevance to the proposed axes, coherence, expression, originality, bibliographical references.
Deadline for submission : 30 th June 2020
Contact and Submissions of papers : email@example.com
Proposal Submission procedure
1. Open this file
2. Copy and paste your proposal into this document making sure you follow the required format.
3. Rename the document using your last name and surname, e.g. Methodal5-NAME-Surname.doc or Methodal5-NAME-Surname.docx
4. Save and submit the document.
- Jacques BURSTON, Cyprus University of Technology
- Olivier DELHAYE, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki
- Ana-Maria GIMENO-SANZ, Universidad Politécnica de Valencia
- Fryni KAKOYIANNI-DOA, University of Cyprus
- Karl-Hubert KIEFER, Technische Universität Berlin
- Dora LOIZIDOU, University of Cyprus
- Monique MONVILLE-BURSTON, Cyprus University of Technology
- Salomi PAPADIMA-SOPHOCLEOUS, Cyprus University of Technology
- Chantal PARPETTE, Université Lumière Lyon 2
- Tatiana SHIAMMA-CHARILAOU, Higher Hotel Institute Cyprus
- Evi SOTERIOU, Higher Hotel Institute Cyprus